When the homestretch comes into view, every runner dreams of the same thing: Finish strong. Finish Fast. And Strava is gonna help you do just that, while paving the way for young runners to follow in your footsteps.
I just wanted to let you know that Strava will be launching an initiative called The Last Mile, a challenge to give the next generation of runners a boost through partnerships with seven running charities around the world.
Between now and June 30, any Strava athlete who completes a half or full marathon-distance activity and runs the last mile the fastest unlocks a £10 donation to a nonprofit that empowers youth through sport.
In the UK,Strava are partnering with The Running Charity, an organisation that partners with other charity partners to create fitness development plans to help young people take progressive steps to take back control of their lives.
Only 1% to 3% of runners on Strava complete their last mile as their fastest in half and full marathon-distance activities, but it’s something that is within reach for every runner. To help them do it, Strava is giving every athlete who signs up at strava.com/lastmile 30 days of Summit for free!
How it works:
- Challenge is open to Strava members in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil and Japan.
- To join the challenge, go to www.strava.com/lastmile and sync your account
- Anyone who runs their last mile the fastest in a half or full marathon race unlocks a £10 donation to The Running Charity. (Total donation capped at $50,000)
- You must tag your activity as a race for it to qualify for the challenge.
- Every Last Mile challenge participant gets a free 30-day Summit trial.
- Summit helps athletes make the most of their training with in-depth analysis tools they can use to review their efforts and track their fitness on the run up to race day.
- The challenge lasts from April 11 through June 30, 2019.
- I’ve uploaded a few images and logos for you to use (as well as the logos) if you feel like spreading the word! If you do post, make sure to use #TheLastMile
Sign up and learn more by clicking here